old friend

 bismillahirrahmanirrahim.

.

.

Yesterday, I received a call

From an old friend,

Saying he'd missed me,

Telling to meet at the playground,

of the small town, he and me

used to lived together when I was kid


As I drive away to our small town,

To meet him,

I see the passion me

Excitedly sitting in the bus

on my way to the other world


As I walk along the junction across the stationary,

On my way to the playground,

I see colorful flower along the path,

as colorful as my memories in this small town


As I sit on the swing at the playground,

Waiting for him,

I see the old me besides me,

Laughing out loud with him,

Enjoying life.


Then I see him walking towards me,

with big smile on his face,

I wave my hand,

Saying I am here, my friend.


He and me both sit together

side by side on the swing

Talking about the old times

Talking about how time flies.


I then hold his hand

and look into his eyes,

Asking to follow me to the adult world,

Asking to be by my side,

Like he used to be.


He pats on my head,

Saying that I have grown well,

Saying that I have done great,

Saying that I have him on my back


He then pats on my shoulder,

Saying that I still have long way to go

Saying that I should live the moment

Saying that he will still be part of my life


He holds my other hand

I can see my tears in his eyes,

Saying that he is unable to be my side

Saying that he cannot leave this place

Saying that he will stay here forever

Saying that he was just my past.


I wipe my tears,

Saying how I wish things will stay the same,

Saying how I wish time will stay still,

Saying how I wish he and me will stay forever,


He then takes my hand,

Walking me out of the playground,

Saying it is nice to see me come back here sometimes,

Saying he will always be here,

Saying he will be as young 

as what my memory holds him,

Saying this place will still the same,

As I saw it when I was little.


He then lets go of his hand,

Says that it is time for me to live my life.

He then walks away and waves at me,

Happily says goodbye.


Later,

When I miss you again,

Rather than me visiting you like this,

Would you sometimes visit me instead?

My dear old friend




Comments

Popular Posts