ADMISSION TO THE BAR's POST

bismillahirrahmanirrahim
.
.

.
Adalah diperintahkan bahawa Noor Atiqah Binti Abdul Rahman diterima masuk dan didaftaraikan sebagai peguambela dan peguamcara di Mahkamah Tinggi Malaya. 
.
.
.
There was no single time in my life that I imagined myself studying Law or even being admitted to the Bar. Being a lawyer was never my dream. I used to want to be a teacher, a lecturer, a detective (thanks to Detective Conan), an artist, a psychologist, a baker, a journalist and a doctor. But thanks to UPU, I will never become one of them.
.

To be honest, Law is my first choice in UPU, by taking an advice from unknown source with no solid matan and sanad, that you should put your first choice as the last choice in UPU. And that's when Law had came into my life. Since I had no knowledge and exposure about Law, I'd struggled a lot surviving Law school ( pastu tak serik sambung lagi double degree and kadang kadang terniat nak sambung master. Eh) and people keep telling me Eh kaki sebelah kat neraka tu. Oh berani nya ambik Law. Tak payah lah jadi Lawyer. Jadi Lawyer dapat apa. Lawyer makan duit haram. Lawyer lah manusia paling banyak kat neraka. Same goes when I did my double degree. Double degree tu apa. kenapa belajar tak habis habis lagi ni. Repeat paper ke. Saya masa umur awak ni dah buat banyak kerja dah. Orang lain dah kerja tapi awak tak habis lagi?  Kalau takde duit buat apa sambung belajar. Yang pandai pandai sambung belajar dah kenapa. And there was so many times I was too lazy to continue this school. Walau malaih pun aku still kena study manade pilihan bro. Dah lah tak lawa, takkan nak jadi bodoh pulak, so aku terpaksa lah pilih jadi bijak. And honestly, I cried a lot throughout this journey. But, Thanks to Allah, I've survived this Law school.
.

Law school is one concern. But, doing Chambering is my biggest concern. While struggling in Law school, I've never thought to pursue this profession thinking that I'm just doing this for a degree and knowledge ( eh degree comes first). I just thought that doing Law school is enough. Let's get out of this circle. But, look where am I right now. Wearing this robe and being admitted to the Bar after completing my chambering.

.

And I believe, to stand where I am now has never been an easy journey. It did not start when I accepted Law school. It had started a long way before. Of course, Umi Ayah is one of the biggest reasons that I am here. This journey had so many ups and downs, where I had cried so much that I just want to give up and let it all go. But with Umi and ayah being there, besides me through thick and thin, love and support me ( emotionally, physically and financially ) all the way here, that made me strong enough to continue this journey. And it is not easy to raise a daughter named Noor Atiqah. But they had never given up on me. This is for you, Umi Ayah. Sorry for being late and thank you for all things both of you had sacrificed. It is unfair to repay all your kindness (especially money) with this tiny little success but surely, lepas ni Umi Ayah boleh bgtahu orang, anak saya yang ni lah yang peguam tuuu. Suka lah tuuu.

.

Besides Umi and Ayah, there are my siblings who cheer me up and of course, the other reasons that I should do well in what I am doing. So much pressure that I'd always complained why am I the first born. Jadi anak sulung tak senang weh. I might not be a good sister, but I hope this little success can inspire all of you to do much better in your life. And to all family members who support me since I was young. And to aunties who inspired me to study in IIUM. So, kita dah ada peguam dlm family kita kayyy.

.

And my gratitude to all teachers,friends, lecturers, roommates, dorm mates, seniors, juniors and every one from Pasti Kuang, Sri Al-Faizeen, Samtaj Sg. Besar, SBPI Rawang, KKHSE, CFSIIUM and IIUM (and court KKB for my intern). Because if I'd never been there, my journey would be different.  Though I was just a super ordinary student, those places are memorable to me. (And I couldn't hesitate to not mention how amazing it is to see all my teachers still looking young as before when on the other hand, it is me who keeps looking older). To all my friends from schools to university who always study together with me (yg ajak stay up sesama walau aku dgn istiqomahnya tertidur jua), teach me again and again (yg sudi betulkan fahaman aku yg selalunya terpesong), thank you guys. Kalau korang give up dgn aku dulu tak tau lah sekarang aku buat apa. I wish to name all of the people from those places here but I will need another special post update for that since there are a lot of them. And because they have been there in my journey, I will never forget them.

.

And lastly, thanks to my master that had  taught me a lot during my chambering though I still had a lot to learn. And to my mover that moved my call. And to all lawyers that I had engaged during my chambering, sharing advice and tips when I introduced myself as a Chambering student.  To my buddies, Murshida and Zulyatie who are willing to sign up my borang and acknowledge my kindness. Of course I could not be called to the Bar without both of you as my referees, thanks girls. To Bahij Bisyri who had helped me arrange a mover and for lending me your robe, thanks bebb. And to all my partners, supporters, listeners, and motivators; for our sharing, laughing, complaining, crying, and cursing moments together throughout these nine months. And yes, there were so many things that happened during these nine months that I just want to give up and go for something else. Should they have not been beside me, I doubt that I still remain sane today. Last but not least to all people who directly and indirectly helps me during my chambering. Thank you so much.

.

But surely all of these would not have happened without Allah's will. He is the best planner that I had never to worry about if things turned the way around. Just trust Him and all I need is to do my best in what I am doing. Although I always ask why this is happening this way but He is always there to listen to me, show me the way and give me a strong will to go through my life. He is the only place I can turn to when I hit the rock bottom and when I feel lost hope. And He is always there when no one can do that.

.

Taking into consideration all things I have been through, I will never regret engaging myself with Law.  (Though sometimes I still complain why I pursue this profession) I have accepted it as part of my journey plus hidup cuma sekali why not enjoy it to the fullest and life won't be a memorable one without some adventurous path. How amazing it is when this journey had not turned out as what I wanted before, but it became my life right now. How can I not be proud of myself. Good job, Atiqah!

.

Thank you, people.
And Alhamdulillah for all these things.

.

For once, I would like to clear one thing up. It is sad to see that people do not know what Chambering is. So, Chambering or Pupillage is nine months ( plus plus) period for Law students, who had completed their LLB (law degree) before getting admitted to the Bar. So badan yang govern pasal budak chambering ni adalah Malaysian Bar Council atau Majlis Peguam Malaysia, tapi nama pendek dia Bar Council je. Ada sekali aku bgtahu orang aku ada urusan dekat Bar Council, dia tanya aku pelayan kat sana ke. Itu pun aku rasa dia dah behave habis sbb aku pakai tudung, tapi agak agak lah, aku pakai tudung labuh kot). Admittance to the Bar is basically when these Law students, who had completed their chambering, are officially an advocate and solicitor ( nama melayu dia Peguam) in this Tanah Melayu. So a Chambering student or Pupil in Chamber ( pelatih dalam kamar)  is not an intern student. After sometimes during these nine months, we have locus or we can appear before the judge in certain circumstances, which make us different from other entities. Take note that only a person with a valid certificate can only appear before the judge. Being an intern student does not make you a lawyer, but Pupil in Chamber does make you a lawyer; after sometimes provided all the procedures are duly completed.  Is this good enough?.

                    
Terimalah kegemukan aku pada hari penting yang berlaku sekali seumur hidup.          

.#Lawyered
#Donechambering
#26June2020


Comments

Popular Posts